The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Underwriting department by gathering information to service new and existing Farm and Commercial Lines accounts. This position collaborates with team members to achieve profit, growth, retention, and service level goals for an assigned book of business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares quotes, renewals and endorsement requests for Underwriting by gathering and evaluating data.
- Performs initial risk analysis on new and renewal accounts to determine eligibility and fit with underwriting appetite.
- Partners with agents to obtain underwriting information such as photos, cost guides, driving records, loss control reports, inspections, etc.
- Reviews change requests for completeness and accuracy.
- Promptly responds to calls or emails from internal and external customers regarding questions, concerns or requests.
- Provides recommendations of possible action to the Underwriters after researching files.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum one year of Property & Casualty experience in an Underwriting department.
- Knowledge of underwriting principles, rating, coverage, policy forms, and pricing tools.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Knowledge of Farm and Commercial Lines insurance
- Insurance industry classes (CIC, AFIS, AINS)
Four year college degree