Pricing / Product Analyst or Senior Pricing / Product Analyst
Position may be remote for experienced individual!
Summary: Responsible for the development and coordination of pricing techniques to determine market rates, assisting in the analysis of company results and making necessary changes to achieve a business profit. Responsible for the analysis, development, and maintenance of company's insurance products. Propose and implement product enhancements which influence profitability and growth.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics, Finance or related field or equivalent education and work experience.
Position Requirements: 3-10 years' experience in property/casualty pricing/product analysis and insurance industry knowledge; good organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently; ability to overcome obstacles and drive results; ability to interact with other functional areas as the central point of contact; strong attention to detail and quality orientation; excellent PC aptitude including use of Microsoft Excel and Access.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong quantitative skills; project management skills; knowledge of rate-making procedures and insurance company operations (Processing, Underwriting, Claims, Finance, Actuarial, Marketing, IT).Primary Responsibilities:
· Aid in development of rates and rating plans; aid in creation and management of rate level indications; update rate history.
· Monitor profitability of insurance business and acceptability of insurance rates.
· Develop and analyze management reports on profitability.
· Analyze data utilizing knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Access.
· Analyze and review financial results, product profitability, business mix and competitive information and design forecasting models for region.
· Manage development, analysis and implementation of enhancements to existing insurance products as well as development of new products.
· Aid in development, analysis and implementation of enhancements to existing insurance products as well as the development of new products.
· Communicate with members of underwriting, marketing, claims, accounting and insurance technology departments.
· Knowledge of state laws and regulations which impact the company's business, implement changes to company programs and operations which ensure statutory compliance.
· Design and maintain applications, s, agent's manuals and other related materials that support company products.
· Aid in coordination of program enhancements that require systems programming with the insurance technology department.
· Develop and submit regulatory filings with the applicable state insurance departments.
· Assist in special projects by performing analysis, focusing on the retrieval and evaluation of internal and external data.
· Perform extensive product reviews, including competitive analysis and rate indications.
Rockford Mutual Insurance Company provides a broad offering of benefits, including a 37.5 hour workweek to allow our associates to enjoy a great work/life balance. We also provide training and development opportunities including certification courses and exams onsite through The Institutes. Our associates enjoy our family-oriented, fun, friendly casual work environment. All of this is in addition to our comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Profit Sharing, and 401(k).