- Inspect, prepare detailed damage estimates, negotiate, and settle property claims
- Examine policy coverage forms and other records to determine insurance coverage
- Interview and correspond with policyholders, claimants, witnesses, and police
- Establish and monitor reserves to adequately reflect the exposure
- Make appropriate reserve changes as each file develops
- Assist in agency management by providing feedback to Underwriting and conducting agency visits
- Occasionally handle and manage complex losses in specific areas of expertise
- Participate on catastrophe teams, as required
- Focus on outstanding customer service toward all customers
- Travel with overnight stays, as necessary.
- Two-plus years experience in property and property damage liability claim settlement.
- Excellent keyboard/PC skills.
- Working knowledge of claims law.
- Understanding of insurance coverages for commercial and personal lines.
- Top-notch organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work independently and manage the territory.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be licensed in Kentucky.
- Certificate in General Insurance.
- AIC, CPCU, ARM, or CIC designations.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience using Xactimate estimating